‘Network Security’ is a course designed to help system administrators, network engineers and general IT personnel understand the concepts of modern day security issues, in form of easy-to-follow learning material. This course covers most major security topics, and can be used to prepare students for CompTIA Security+ certification, or just help in acquiring comprehensive security understanding.
Students completing CompTIA Security+ Certification Training will be prepared to pass the CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam
Prior experience with networks, or general IT experience is recommended.
Students will be assigned 5 homework assignments, and 1 final exam for each course.
Lesson 1- Network Security Overview
- Types and Sources of Network Threats
- Secure Network Devices
Lesson 2- General Security Concepts
- Access Control Models
- Authentication Methods
- Identifying & Disabling Nonessential Services & Protocols
Lesson 3- Communication Security
- Remote Access
- Email Security
- Internet Security Concepts- Email, Web servers, Browsers
- Directory Service Security
- File Transfer Protocol
Lesson 4- Infrastructure Security
- Device-base Security
- Operating System Hardening
- Network Hardening
- Application Hardening
Lesson 5- Wireless Communications & Security
- Wireless Local Area Networks
- IEEE Standards
- Ad hoc & Infrastructure Wireless Network
- Authentication in Wireless Networks
- Types of Attacks on Wireless Networks
- Site Surveys
Lesson 6- Unix & Linux Hardening
Lesson 7- Microsoft Windows Hardening
This course is Instructor-led and delivered through our award-winning online Learning Management System.