INDEPENDENT OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
The purpose of this position is to develop new training relationships with prospective public and private sector clients, sell them on the value of our workforce training programs (i.e. industry certification programs, professional development programs), and close the sales transaction for a training license.
What are the qualifications?
We are seeking passionate and experienced sales professionals who are interested in a part or full-time outside sales opportunity with a young start-up growth company. Prior experience cold calling prospective clients is recommended. The successful individual must be self-motivated and be able to work remotely and independently with little supervision.
Who are we?
TechnologyED is a leading provider of online workforce development training for the science and engineering communities. We offer 100+ online training certificate and certification courses that are delivered through our Learning Management System. We occupy a niche area by equipping adult learners with in-demand training for the high growth jobs of the 21st century. Topics such as polymers and materials, good manufacturing practices, environmental and wastewater treatment, nanotechnology, wireless technologies, and biomedical applications are available. We have numerous accredited college and university partners, and are a member of the American Association for Adult and Continuing Education.
What is the product?
The product offering includes the following:
- A site license that provides the client with access to our library of online training courses (100+) that focus on STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) topics.
- Job readiness and workforce certification programs that provides an industry credential. Example certification programs include CompTIA, Microsoft, Equipment & Engine Training Council, Automotive Service Excellence, National Restaurant Association, and Project Management Institute
What is the value proposition?
- Our product provides the employer with access to current science and engineering training related to their industry (pharmaceutical, energy, healthcare, chemicals, vocational, etc.)
- Our product provides a cost effective alternative to on-site or off-site employee training
- Our product allows employees to study at their own pace
- Our product has the backing of our accredited university partners (i.e. The University of Richmond, The University of Indiana, etc.). We encourage you to leverage these powerful and recognizable brands during the sales process!
Who are the target customers?
The target customers include both public and private sector clients:
- Public sector clients: Vocational schools, correctional facilities, youth enrichment programs
- Private sector clients: Companies that manufacture and/or sell pharmaceuticals, energy, chemicals, materials, food, equipment, and related products. Other clients be would those that provide a science or engineering service such as laboratories or consulting companies.
Who are the target points of contact at the customer?
The point of contacts within these organizations to begin discussion includes the Human Resources Manager, Training Manager, or Corporate Purchasing Agent.
What is the sales price for the product?
The product for sale is a site license to our training course library. The floor price for the site license is $600 per employee (500 employee minimum), which translates into a minimum transaction of $30,000 (which could be renewed annually). We are open to selling the product to you at a wholesale, which gives you flexibility to set your own retail price.
The pricing for the workforce development certification programs varies with the certification. The price ranges from $295 to $1,200 by student.
What is the compensation package?
The compensation package for this position is 100% commission (with no base salary). The commission for entry level sales representatives starts at 40% of each sales transaction. For example, commission on a $30,000 transaction would be $12,000.
When do I get paid?
The sales representative would get paid in 3 installments- 30/60/90 days after closing.
Do you provide training?
Yes. We provide in-depth sales training on the product, how to prospect, success stories, and scenario analysis.
Do you provide marketing collateral?
Yes. We provide business cards, product information brochures, and electronic marketing presentations at no cost to the sales representative.
Do you provide exclusive territories?
Yes. We are open to exclusive territories for the successful individual.
Do you provide prospects?
Yes. We do provide a listing of companies within your territory that you should target.
What other type of support do you provide?
We provide a product specialist who is available to provide in-depth product information to you or your prospective client as needed.
What are the next steps?
If you are still interested in the opportunity, please email us an updated resume and a cover letter stating your interest,